Jeremiah Robinson-Earl got the start at center for OKC tonight. JRE is the third player in the Thunder’s first four games to start at the 5. (Favors x2, Roby x1.) The Thunder got off to their best start of the season and really looked like they might fall into their first win of the season.
Ultimately, the Warriors would remember how to shoot the basketball. They might have only hit 14 of 40 3-pointers in this one, but it felt like they hit 20 in the second half. The Warriors would take the lead and not look back.
The Thunder are 0-4 and well on their way to another lottery draft pick. The first two games were concerning, to say the least. But the last two Thunder losses felt like they came with their fair share of moral victories. The Thunder are playing better basketball together. You can’t figure Philly or Golden State expected to be feeling any heat in the fourth quarter of their respective games.
OKC loses this one at home, 106-98, to the Golden State Warriors.
- Don’t know if it was inserting JRE into the starting lineup or just the overall pace of the game, but the Thunder had their best start/game of the season.
- The pace. The energy. The ball movement: All better.
- SGA playing like an All-Star helped as well.
- Gilgeous-Alexander: 30 points on 11-19 shooting.
- The first half of this game was a lot of fun.
- Bazley had a couple dunks early. There was another play where Shai dished it to Dort for a dunk.
- The momentum really peaked at this dish from Shai to Jeremiah Robinson-Earl:
- The second half was a complete collapse… by Bally Sports and the Thunder.
- Most of the third quarter was Thunder fans watching John Rhadigan and Nancy Lieberman talk about highlights from earlier in the game as Bally Sports faced “technical difficulties”.
- The Warriors became the Warriors in the third quarter. They closed the 3rd on a 17-2 run.
- Something about a Golden State Warriors 3-pointer always feels like a dagger.
- Lu Dort tonight: 11 pts, 4 reb, and approx. 37 offensive fouls drawn.
- Josh Giddey continues to impress.
- Giddey tonight: 7 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists.
- Poku had 9 points tonight, but he’s really failed to do much this season so far.
- Tre Mann minutes watch: 9 minutes
- No matter what happened tonight, we’ll always have this:
- Next up: Wednesday at home vs. Russ & The Lakers