On the first game of the three-game road trip, it never really felt like it was going to be the Thunder’s night. While the first half looked ugly for OKC, the Thunder seemed lucky to go into halftime only down 11.
The Warriors would run away with this one behind FIVE three pointers in the third quarter from Steph Curry. The Thunder lose to the Golden State Warriors 103-82.
- Scary things to watch: Paranormal Activity, Jeepers Creepers, It, and Steph Curry shooting three pointers.
- Seriously, when he gets rolling, it feels unfair. Like I want to complain about it.
- Speaking of complaining. In the midst of a Steph Curry barrage of treys and the Warriors up 20+ points, Steve Kerr challenged a call. That feels like one of the unspoken rules Russell Westbrook should yell about.
- Is it just me or are Darius Bazley and Poku on the hot seat?
- With all these minutes and chances to do something I feel like I’m focusing on those two a lot.
- Darius Bazley tonight: 5 points on 1-7 shooting, 8 rebounds in 27 minutes
- Pokusevski tonight: 7 points on 2-4 shooting, 9 rebounds
- I’m just starting to get concerned. We’ve yet to get a POKUUUUUU game this season and Baze seems to never build off his good performances. (20 points against LA a few nights ago)
- Not a bad game from Poku by any means… I’m just waiting for something… meaningful?
- Theo Maledon is kind of flying under the radar here, but I’m a little shocked he hasn’t done more this season.
- Theo tonight: 1 point on 0-2 shooting in 8 minutes.
- Giddey on the other hand? It took just a few games for us to know he is good.
- Josh Giddey continues to perform well. Tonight: 10 points on 5-11 shooting, 4 rebounds, 6 assists.
- I wonder how many assists he’s going to miss out on this season:
- The Thunder from 3 tonight: 8-39 (20.5%)
- The Warriors from 3 tonight: 21-52 (40.4%)
- There’s going to be nights like this. I’m hoping not to see as many as we did last year. But road trips like this one might bring us some ugly results.
- Next up: Monday November 1st @ LA Clippers